Congratulations to Downtown Neighborhood Association, West Mesa neighborhood, and South San Pedro neighborhood on your successful ABQ NeighborWood planting events and free tree giveaway events! With the help of our many neighborhood leaders and all our wonderful volunteers we now have 600 more trees in our Albuquerque canopy. Many many thanks to ABQ city councilors Benton, Sanchez, and Davis for their support of the ABQ NeighborWoods program!
Mark your calendars for May 23rd between 4pm-8pm at the Flying Star 4026 Rio Grande Blvd NW
It is Tree New Mexico night at the Flying Star on Rio Grande Blvd NW. Come out and enjoy a yummy meal or a drink with us! Part of the evening’s proceeds will be donated to Tree New Mexico – Thank you Flying Star for supporting trees!!
ABQ NeighborWoods Spring 2019
Thanks to the neighborhood leaders and all the volunteers who helped us with the Downtown Neighborhood planting March 9th, West Mesa April 13th and South San Pedro April 27th. Special thanks to City councilors Benton, Sanchez, and Davis for their support!!
Tree New Mexico is dedicated to ensuring sustainable forests in urban and rural communities and natural areas through restoration, public education and advocacy. About Us >>
Wait a minute! We live in the desert! Don’t trees use a lot of water? What happened to xeriscaping? Surprise! Trees bring rain! Learn more >>
- Build strong and effective partnerships with all levels of public and private organizations.
- Plant and care for trees in forests, along rivers and in urban and community areas on public lands.
- Provide environmental tree-based education for citizens of all ages.
- Serve as an urban and community forestry advocate.
- Outreach to under-served communities.
- Build public awareness about the importance of trees in their communities and the nation.
membership can go to work