Fall 2019 ABQ NeighborWoods plantings will bring 600 new trees!
Congratulations to Trumbull Village/Elder Homestead, John B Robert, and Taylor Ranch neighborhoods on being awarded the ABQ NeighborWood grants! With the help of our many neighborhood leaders and all our wonderful volunteers we will have 600 more trees in our Albuquerque canopy. Many many thanks to ABQ city councilors Borrego, Jones, and Davis for their support of the ABQ NeighborWoods program!
ABQ NeighborWoods Fall 2019
Please help by volunteering!
-Taylor Ranch Nov 9th at 9:30am location 5001 Montano Rd NW
-Please click on the SignUp Genius button on any page to sign up
Tree New Mexico is dedicated to ensuring sustainable forests in urban and rural communities and natural areas through restoration, public education and advocacy. About Us >>
Wait a minute! We live in the desert! Don’t trees use a lot of water? What happened to xeriscaping? Surprise! Trees bring rain! Learn more >>
- Build strong and effective partnerships with all levels of public and private organizations.
- Plant and care for trees in forests, along rivers and in urban and community areas on public lands.
- Provide environmental tree-based education for citizens of all ages.
- Serve as an urban and community forestry advocate.
- Outreach to under-served communities.
- Build public awareness about the importance of trees in their communities and the nation.
Watering Your Trees:
- ONCE A WEEK IN MARCH
- TWO TO THREE TIMES A WEEK IN APRIL AND MAY
- THREE TO FOUR TIMES A WEEK IN JUNE, JULY AND AUGUST
- TWO TO THREE TIMES A WEEK IN SEPTEMBER AND OCTOBER
- ONCE A WEEK IN NOVEMBER
- ONCE OR TWICE PER MONTH IN DECEMBER, JANUARY, FEBRUARY
Albuquerque Treebate Information:
rebates.abcwua.org or call 505-842-9287 option #4 for application assistance
Sign Up To Participate In Events
membership can go to work